(makes 4 servings, 1 cup each)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 6 tablespoons water (divided use)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch (divided use)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 pound top sirloin beef sliced into 1/2″ thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli (or mixed stir fry veggies)
- 2 gloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Combine coconut aminos, 4 tbs water, 1 tbs tapioca starch and honey in small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Combine remaining water and tapioca starch in bowl and toss beef to coat.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Set asside in a clean bowl and keep warm.
- Add broccoli, garlic, ginger to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix all items in the large skillet (bowl of sauce, beef, veggies) and cool until sauce thickens.
Counts: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 5 protein
Nutrition: Calories 292, Fat 14 g, Protein 27 g