(Makes 4 Servings, 1.5 cups each)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsely (optional)
- Brown ground turkey and drain fat.
- Add oil, onion, pepper and garlic to a large saucepan.
- When softened add in ground turkey.
- Cook for a few minutes
- Add all seasonings except parsley and stir and cook for 1 minute
- Add kidney beans and tomato sauce, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parsley when serving (optional)
Counts: 3 Vegetable, 5 Protein, 1 legume
Nutrition: 433 calories, 16g fat, 43 g protein