- 4 cups of shredded chicken (I used one rotisserie chicken de-boned)
- 6 cups bone broth
- 1 bunch of kale (I used dino kale)
- 3 lemons (I used meyer lemons)
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup onions (large onion)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash kale and working in two batches, stack the kale leaves and slice in 1/2 inch strips. Set aside
- Add 2 cups of stock, the chopped onion and olive oil to blender. Blend for a minute or two, or until it is completely smooth.
- Add that to the crock pot and add the remaining 4 cups of broth, kale, shredded chicken, zest of all three lemons and the 2 tlbs of fresh lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt.
- Let cook for 6 hours on low crock pot setting, stirring once or twice.
- You can be flexible with the chicken. Add raw chicken thighs or breast if you like. Or pre-cook them and shred before adding to the soup. I use rotisserie chickens because I have talked to all of my local sellers and gone through and checked all the ingredients. I may be hard where you live to get an AIP approved rotisserie chicken. I do know that in San Francisco Whole Foods makes certified gluten free rotisserie chickens, but call yours to confirm. xoxo