As the time change has made it darker, getting up early enough for breakfast is getting harder, so the hubby asked for easy pre-made breakfast. This is what I came up with!
- 2 pounds all natural pork sausage
- 24 eggs
- 1/2 to 1 bag of pre shredded hash browns
- 1 can Light coconut milk (the full fat makes it way too coconut tasting IMO)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped peppers of your choice.
- 1 cup chopped veggies of your choice. *I have used spinach and broccoli, just trying to use leftovers from other recipes.
- Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your taste.
*Cook the sausage first. Eggs in a slow cooker are cooked on LOW and raw meat doesn’t always get to a high enough temp on low.
**Grease your crockpot if you don’t want eggs to stick! Plan to clean it right away. I used coconut oil, avocado oil is my next favorite.
Whisk the eggs and coconut milk together.
Throw it all in, stir, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Note, if you want it to be more “scrambly” you’ll need to stir it, if you want it more “flat” like quiche, leave it be =)
Should make 12 servings. Perfect for meal prep for the week!