This is a crowd favorite, and you may have had it at Soup Plantation (Sweet Tomatoes) or bought a similar version, in a salad kit, from Costco. This is the same thing, only made paleo!
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp, and crumbled
- ¼ of a large red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup toasted, roasted, or glazed nuts cashews, pieces work best.
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup homemade paleo mayonnaise (or I use Sir Kensington or other paleo approved store bought)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave, or coconut nectar
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine the broccoli, onion, toasted nuts, and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayo, white wine vinegar, and coconut nectar. Whisk until there are no chunks, it may take a few minutes.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss / fold to coat evenly. Don’t feel like you have to use all of it!
- Sprinkle your bacon crumbles, salt, and garlic powder into bowl and fold again. Chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour into another bowl to serve, as so that all the ingredients that settled to the bottom, will then be on the top.