- 6 slices good quality thick bacon
- 1 Bunch chopped asparagus
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups spinach, cut or torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil
- ¼ cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil for topping
- Bake the chicken leaving it mosist and easy to cut. Slice the chicken very thinly.
- Bake the bacon until very crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and crumble or chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm 1/2 of your olive oil on the stove in a skillet. Add the asparagus, add lemon juice and saute until golden brown: Cook for as long as you like depending on how you like your asparagus.
- Layer the spinach, chicken, asparagus, and bacon. Cut the avocado into squares and scoop out with a spoon; arrange over the top of the salad.
- Drizzle or toss with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with fresh basil.