Valentines Day is around the corner. You maybe worrying about what to get your loved ones or even think that since you have no significant other, you have no reason to celebrate. The question I have for you is, have you ever considered that your first love should be yourself? Why is Valentine’s Day just for others and not for yourself?
I want to share with you a few tips to start loving yourself. After all, when you love yourself, your natural beauty shines through so that everyone can see the true you. When that happens, the love of others just pours out on you. Who would have known that being loved starts with yourself???
1. Be Kind To Yourself – Learn to accept yourself, with flaws and all, even if you have been berated before. We are sometimes harsh on ourselves, alot of times because people that were suppose to love us, hurt us. Quit replaying what people have told you to hurt you and start focusing on the positive qualities you have. Focus on your strengths, abilities and positive traits. Let go of harsh judgments, comparing yourself to others and self-hate. When you see the good things in yourself, all of the negative things you are telling yourself is over shadowed by the good things. Be gentle on yourself.
2. Positive Affirmations – Try loving and positive affirmations. Let yourself know that you love yourself. It may feel awkward at first, but, after just a few times, it will feel so wonderful. Try to do this first thing in the morning then stay in that place of love all day.
3. Give yourself a Break – Nobody is perfect. Let yourself know that being imperfect is fine and quit beating yourself up. After all, if you looked at someone else doing the same thing you are beating yourself up for, would you think badly of them? I doubt very seriously you would. So, give yourself a break. We are only human.
4. Get Rid of Toxic Behaviors & Relationships – Toxic behaviors and relationships just bring you down. If it can’t lift you up in a positive way, you don’t need it. When you get rid of those things that are bad for you and just stay among positive people and have positive behaviors, it allows you not to be so hard on yourself as well. Being around positive energy, brings positive energy within yourself.
5. Have a Wellness Routine – One of the major things you can do for yourself, is nourish your body with healthy food and exercise. Your body is your vessel. When you properly take care of it, it will help you feel amazing. When you treat it like crap, it makes you feel like crap. When you take care of someone you love, do you treat them badly, feed them horrible stuff that is toxic to their system? If you are like me, they get the best of the best. So, if you love yourself, you deserve the best of the best too!!!
6. Read or listen to Personal Development books daily – Be willing to surrender and grow. Life is a journey. We are here to learn and to grow.
7. Celebrate Your Wins – Give yourself credit when things are going right. Even small things make a big difference.
8. Take some time for yourself – Everyday, take time for yourself. Breathe in and relax and let your mind be more mindful and clear. A very good way would be to do meditation to help clear your mind or some relaxing yoga.
9. Have Some Fun – Take time to have some fun time. Do something that you thoroughly enjoy and makes your heart happy. Explore your interests and do new things. Who knows? You may accidentally find something that completes you.
10. Appreciate Yourself – Appreciate your talents, beauty and brilliance. Train your mind to be grateful. Love your imperfectly perfect self.
Start with doing a few things to work on loving yourself and everyday, add something new. Your own self will be so grateful.
So, this Valentines Day, make sure you are the first person in your life to show how much you love. Remember, “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
I hope you find this information helpful. I am here if you need anything at all for your health, fitness, or nutrition!