- 2 lb stewing beef
- 2 tbsp paleo cooking fat; (I used olive oil)
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes; they make garlic ones, love those!
- 1 small can tomato sauce. Like the smallest ones.
- *Note: Per my husbands request I have switched this out for a can of V8, he swears that’s how his mom made it. V8 is NOT paleo, and I don’t even think it’s safe for you lol, but he doesn’t ask for much, so one can of V8 won’t kill me, I hope =P
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- I added 1/2 cup HEB dried veggie soup spices, from the bulk section, but you can also add rosemary and thyme instead
You’re supposed to brown all sides of stew meat. I will admit that I usually get my stew meat from the farmers market, right before I cook this, so I drop it in frozen. You may want to google if that can kill you or not, and not follow my lead on that!
Anyway, this is all super easy, chop everything, put in slowcooker, cook. I do 4 hours on high when I’m in a hurry, but you can do yours 8 hours, on lower heat if that’s better for your schedule, which is what I do when I am headed out for the day.