- 3 tablespoons melted ghee, divided
- 2 cans wild caught albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large baked sweet potato, mashed, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Hymilaian salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F, and use a brush to grease a 12-cup regular sized muffin tin with one tablespoon of melted ghee.
In a large bowl, mix together the tuna and green onions, getting the tuna finely broken down.
Add the mashed sweet potato to the tuna mixture, and gently combine.
Then, mix in the lemon juice, jalapeño, the remaining two tablespoons of ghee, eggs, and red pepper flakes.
Scoop a quarter cup of the mixture into each greased muffin cup and flatten with the back of a spoon.
Bake the tuna cakes for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly