- 2 cans wild-caught tuna
- 1 small red apple, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 2-3 tablespoons yellow or white onion, diced
- 1 oz cashews coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3-4 tablespoons homemade mayo (or if you’re not paleo regular mayo, or mayo alternatives work fine. My favorites are the cage free egg based Lemonaise or Grapeseed Vegenaise)
- Pinch of each of the spices: Parsley, Thyme, Hymilayn Salt & Pepper
You can add celery but you have to add more mayo if you do!
Simply mix in all the ingredients except the tuna. Then drain the tuna and mash it with a fork so the peices break up, and fold it into the mayo mixture with a rubber spatula. Let it sit so all the flavors really blend together, I leave mine overnight, but you can just let it sit for 15 minutes or so.
I love it on living Butter Lettuce leaves eaten like wraps or just with a fork and some random sides :0)