With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, many people see it as a day to take off from their goals, because of tradition or other reasons. One of the reasons I’ve managed to keep off over 100 pounds, is because I’ve made healthy swaps, and new traditions.
I did some research and found a list of healthy, low calorie, and alternative, recipes for each “category” of a holiday dinner. I hope it helps you make a healthy swap, or two, this year:
1) Turkey: Lemon and Garlic, Brine Cured, Sage Rubbed, Bay Spiced, Cinder Brined, Roast, Smoked and More!
2) Stuffing: Sausage, Cornbread, Pear and Prosciutto, Wild Mushroom, Brussels Sprouts and Bacon, Chorizo, Squash, Apple Cranberry and More!
3) Salads: Kale Salad, Crunchy Pear Salad, Chopped Salad, Roasted Squash Salad, Quinoa Salad, Waldorf Salad, Potato Salad and More!
4) Beverages: Spiced Hot Chocolate, Pomegranate Champagne Punch, Slow Cooker Cider, Sparkling Wine, Pear Rum Punch and More!
5) Dessert: Spiced Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Custard, Apple Pie Rolls, Cranberry Orange Fruit Bars, French Silk Pie, and More!
I hope this helps give you some ideas for healthy alternatives for your holiday!