- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup cauliflower, processed into “rice” with a food processor
- 1 zucchini, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme and/or marjoram
- 2 egg yolks (omit if on the elimination diet)
- 2 lbs ground beef, lamb, or pork mixture (I used beef and lamb), room temperature
- 3-4 slices pastured bacon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, heat the coconut oil and saute the onion, zucchini, carrot and cauliflower rice for about 5 minutes, adding the garlic at the very end. Let cool.
- In a large bowl mix the egg yolks with the herbs and spices including the fresh parsley. Add the meat and vegetables to the bowl. Mix gently with your hands until just incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 5 loaf pan, making sure to spread it evenly into the corners. Lay the bacon strips across the top, tucking them in to the ends if they are too long. Cook for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees. Remove from oven and carefully pour off liquid, reserving it to cook veggies in later.
- Put the loaf back in the oven for 10 minutes under the broiler to crisp up the bacon. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.