I originally got this recipe from the Ultimate Reset back in 2013, but it quickly became a huge favorite and I made a couple tweaks to make it better, and feed more people. I am posting it now because it’s a GREAT sweet potato / yams healthy alternative.
- 1 medium yam, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 medium beet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled, diced
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Granulated Garlic or Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Himalayan salt (to taste; optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine yam, carrot, beet, onion, oil, and seasions; mix well. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, or until tender, turning once or twice. You may need as long as an hour and twenty minutes.