- 3 – 6 oz canned white lump crabmeat
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour, plus more for dusting the cakes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- 1/3 Bell Pepper diced
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Hymalian Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Gently mix the drained crab meat in a large bowl with the coconut flour,
scallions, bell pepper, Paleo mayo and all seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use a rubber spatula.
- Then fold in the egg and lemon juice.
- Divide and shape the crab mixture into 6-8 cakes and place them on a parchment-lined plate.
- Cover the plate and chill the cakes in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm them for coating with flour.
- Spread the remaining coconut flour on a plate and lightly coat the crab cakes with it. Heat the coconut oil over medium heat and fry the cakes in
the oil for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- You can drain the crab cakes on a wire rack so they won’t get soggy on the bottom if it seems like there is leftover oil in them. Serve the patties with lemon wedges.